Adults may borrow as many books as are consistent with their reading requirements for a period of 3 WEEKS at the discretion of the Librarian.
Children may borrow up to 3 books at one time for the same period. We reserve the right to limit the number of books borrowed on any given subject.
Talking Book cassette tapes and CD's may be borrowed for the same period as books. Adult patrons (16 years of age and older) may borrow up to 3 tapes at one time.
DVDs may be borrowed by adult patrons (16 years of age and older) on their membership cards. Limit is 2 DVDs at one time per family. DVD borrowing is 2 days or next opening day, according to list below.
- DVDs borrowed Monday, returned Wednesday
- DVDs borrowed Tuesday, returned Thursday
- DVDs borrowed Thursday, returned Saturday
- DVDs borrowed Friday, returned Monday
- DVDs borrowed Saturday, returned Monday
- Do not leave DVDs in extremely hot or cold places.
- DVDs MUST BE RETURNED BEFORE CLOSING OF THE DAY THAT THEY ARE DUE TO AVOID LATE CHARGES.
On or prior to their due date, renewals may be arranged on application to the Librarian as long as no other patron is waiting for said material. Reserve books are not renewable. There will be no exceptions to this rule!!
Unless renewal arrangements have been made, borrowers retaining books beyond the date designated for their return are subject to OVERDUE CHARGES OF 25¢ PER BOOK FOR ADULTS AND 5¢ PER BOOK FOR CHILDREN.
Books overdue more than 16 weeks are presumed lost. Loss or damage to books while on loan is the responsibility of the borrower (or if under age 16, his/her parents) and the cost of repair or replacement, at current cost, must be paid to the Librarian. OVERDUE CHARGES ARE $1.00 PER DAY PER DVD.