Computers are intended for the public to use for information, research, entertainment, and e-mail.
- 10 computers with internet access and word processing
- Adaptive Technology Software and Tools
- Printer ($0.25 per black and white copy, $0.50 colour, $1.00 full page of colour)
- Photocopier ($0.25 per copy) colour copying is also available for $0.50 per copy; $1.00 for full page copying
- Fax Prices: local and local long distance (613 Area Code) $1.00 first page, $0.50 each additional page; longer distance (outside 613 area code) $2.00 first page, $1.00 each additional page.
Users may browse the Internet, or use the word processing or other software on the computer. See the Prescott Public Library's Acceptable Use Policy stated below.
The Prescott Public Library Computers are intended for the public to use for information, research, entertainment, and e-mail.
Users may browse the Internet, or use the word processing or other software on the computer.
Users may not:
- Use or modify another user's login, password, or any other data without permission
- Participate in any illegal activities such as hacking, etc.
- Download and store programs on the computer, such as Napster, WinAmp, games, etc.
- Visit internet sites deemed inappropriate (pornography, etc.)
- Install or modify any software or hardware on the computer.
Users may use internet-based e-mail services on the computer. However, the Library Board and its employees make no guarantees regarding the safety and/or privacy of these systems. Browsing the Internet is done so at the user's own risk.
Use of the computer is a privilege to be respected. Failure to abide by the Acceptable Use Policy may result in loss of this privilege.
LIBRARY PRIVILEGES WILL BE WITHDRAWN FROM THOSE PERSISTENTLY RETAINING BOOKS BEYOND THE DUE DATE.
TO BE FAIR TO ALL PATRONS, IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED IF ALL MATERIALS ARE RETURNED PROMPTLY AND IN GOOD CONDITION.
Thank you for supporting your local Public Library.