Throughout our town, you will find an array of parks, trails and gardens for all to enjoy. We have various picnic areas, play-structures, and public waterfront spaces that are fully accessible. As part of a healthy and active community, we feel it is important to have an variety of safe, clean social spaces for residents and tourists to gather at and enjoy. All parks and sports fields are smoke-free.
This large park area is located in the south west corner of Prescott. The large greenspace is home to the "Playground of Angels" play structure, picnic tables and benches for leisure and a beautiful view of the St. Lawrence River, Prescott Centennial Pool, and the paved Rebekah's Walking Path.
Prescott's Centennial Park is a bustling hotspot during peak season and provides residents and tourists with great access to the river.
Adjacent to the park are Kelly's Beach on the east side, and Prescott Tennis Club and the public boat launch on the west.
A heritage plaque recognizing the site of the former Wiser's Distillery can also be found in this park.
This park also boasts our beautiful new Splash Pad which offers a little fun for all ages!
The Town has created a temporary dog park while the construction of the arena complex is underway. It is located at the corner of Sophia Street and Churchill Road - former ball diamond.
The dog park is fenced in, includes a watering station, picnic tables, and engaging options for your furry friends to enjoy!
This off-leash dog park is unsupervised and users are subject to By-Law No.: 05-2021
Rules are as follows:
- Dog waste clean-up by owners is mandatory
- Hours of Operation are 8:00 a.m. - sunset
- Dogs must be licenced, vaccinated for rabies, and wear an appropriate collar with tags
- Owners must remain with their dogs at all times
- Dogs must be leashed coming in and out of the park
- Dogs must be removed from the park at the first sign of aggression
- Dogs in heat are not permitted
- Excessive barking is not permitted
- No more than two (2) dogs may be brought into the off-leash dog area by any individual at the same time
- Smoking in the off-leash areas is strictly prohibited
- All children under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult attendant while inside the off-leash dog area; children under the age of 6 are not permitted
- Non-compliance with the rules can result in fines and/or banning from the park
- Dog owners are subject to the Ontario Dog Owner's Liability Act and the Town of Prescott's Animal Control By-Law
- Any animal referred to in this by-law under Section 5. h. or i. or any animal that has been deemed vicious or an animal subject to an 'order to muzzle' will not be permitted at the public dog park
Please report any problems or safety concerns: 613-925-2812
This small park is located on Roberta Crescent and boasts a play structure with slides and imaginative play features. The park is situated in a quiet residential neighbourhood and is home to young trees, garden beds, and bench seating.
Fairway Park is located along Boundary Street, across from the 9th hole at the Prescott Golf Course. The park extends along the CN railway and is home to many memorial trees.
This park features belt swings, benches and mature trees amongst its long open greenspace.
The world-renowned Great Lakes Waterfront Trail routes through Prescott.
The Great Lakes Waterfront Trail is a signed route that connects 84 Ontario communities over 1600 kilometres. It follows the St. Lawrence River to three of Ontario's Great Lakes (Ontario, Erie and Huron) and other national and international trails. It is a celebration of nature and culture connecting 405 parks and natural areas including wetlands, beaches, forests, three UNESCO Biospheres, heritage sites and villages and three popular wine regions.
In South Grenville, the trail follows County Road 2 through Augusta and Edwardsburgh-Cardinal Townships, and the Town of Prescott.
The trail takes you right through the heart of the Town of Prescott, allowing cyclists to stop and relax by the river's edge.
A popular venue for walking, this paved path runs East-West along the north shore of the St. Lawrence River. Enjoy birds, butterflies, and monarchs in this protected area. There are several bilingual information boards summarizing the historic industrial use of this area along the pathway.
At the west end of the Heritage River Trail is an arboretum, displaying a variety of tree species native to the area, and memorial trees can be seen along this path.
The are two outdoor rinks within the Town of Prescott:
Sarah Spencer Park ODR: The ODR at Sarah Spencer Park located on Churchill Road East (between MacKenzie Road and Massie Drive) is CLOSED. Hours of operation are 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM daily (weather permitting).
Sandra S. Lawn Harbour and Marina ODR: The ODR at Sandra S. Lawn Harbour and Marina located at 191 Water Street East is CLOSED FOR THE SEASON. Hours of operation are 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM daily (weather permitting).
Outdoor Skating Rink Rules & Regulations
Please follow the rules to ensure a safe and pleasant skating experience.
Use the outdoor rink at your own risk. you voluntarily assume all risk associated with any sport or event. The Town of Prescott does not accept responsibility for any related risk or injuries.
- Hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily (weather permitting).
- Appropriate skating footwear is required to enter the outdoor rink (no street shoes or boots).
- Being in the area after the posted hours of operation is strictly prohibited.
- Please share the ice. Hockey skaters and ice skaters to use designated ice surfaces only (no sharing or using both for one purpose).
- It is highly recommended that all skaters wear a CSA-approved helmet while on the ice.
- Children twelve (12) years and under must be actively supervised by a parent or responsible guardian.
- No balls, athletic equipment, or toys of any kind are permitted on the outdoor ice surface (hockey sticks and pucks permitted).
- Pets are prohibited from the outdoor rink area.
- Food and drink, glass, rocks, and any foreign objects are prohibited from the outdoor rink area.
- You are personally responsible to ensure you are fit to participate in physical activities. Anyone with a condition affecting his/her ability to participate must take appropriate safety precautions to ensure his/her own safety and is encouraged to be accompanied by an adult who is knowledgeable about their condition.
- No rough play in the outdoor rink area.
- No strollers, lawn chairs, bicycles, scooters, skateboards, or roller blades on the outdoor rink area (accessibility devices exempt).
- No drones may be operated in the outdoor rink area.
- Carrying children on the ice (including baby carriers) is not permitted on the outdoor rink area.
- Foul language or inappropriate behaviour is not permitted on the ice or near the outdoor rink area.
Safety & Maintenance
- No user shall pollute the surface of the outdoor rink with bodily fluids (e.g., vomit, saliva, mucus, blood, etc.)
- If the outdoor rink area has been contaminated due to fouling (bodily fluids), the following steps should be taken:
- ALL USERS MUST EXIT THE OUTDOOR RINK AREA IMMEDIATELY
- REPORT THE INCIDENT TO TOWN STAFF BY CALLING THE NUMBERS PROVIDED BELOW
- Use of alcohol and drugs are strictly prohibited.
- Smoking, vaping, and loitering on the ice or near the outdoor rink area is strictly prohibited.
- Stay off the ice during inclement or mild weather or when staff are clearing snow or watering the ice surface.
In the event of an emergency, dial 9-1-1 (fire, ambulance, and police services).
Please report all accidents, injuries, misconduct, and foul-language to the Town of Prescott
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Telephone: (613)925-2812 Ext 6219
After Hours Telephone: (613)925-2812 Ext 1
The outdoor rink may be closed, or its use limited at any time due to weather, operational difficulties or at the discretion of the Town of Prescott. Thank you for your cooperation.
Prescott's newest greenspace, RiverWalk Park, gives residents and tourists unprecedented waterfront access along the St. Lawrence River.
This spacious park has a nautical theme throughout, capturing the Town's riverfront lifestyle. With historical artifacts on display, such as a ship's anchor and cannon, historians will enjoy the ties to our loyalist past.
No park is complete without a suitable play-structure and picnic area for families, and RiverWalk Park doesn't disappoint. Staying in line with the theme, children will enjoy the pirate ship design of this large play space, while parents can relax and take in the scenic views.
RiverWalk Park is a key attraction area for the Town of Prescott, as it completes our Heritage Walking Trail and connects with the Sandra S. Lawn Harbour & Marina. With close proximity to the RiverWalk District, a great shopping and dining experience can also be had.
For more information regarding passing ships on the St. Lawrence visit the St. Lawrence Seaway System site.
Sarah Spencer Park is located on Churchill Road East. This park was dedicated to the late Sarah Spencer who was a very active youth in the community, and is host to a memorial garden. The large play structure, swings, and mature trees make for a great area for family picnics and fun!
This park is also home to a "Little Library" where visitors are encourage to take and leave a book.
Stroll through Shakespeare's Gardens along the banks of the St. Lawrence River amongst the beautiful gardens featuring flowers, plants and quotations from the bard's many works.
Stroll the banks of the St. Lawrence River amongst the beautiful gardens featuring many plants and flowers from famous Shakespearean plays. Located a few short steps away from the Sandra S. Lawn Harbour & Marina and adjacent to the St. Lawrence Shakespeare Festival amphitheatre, guests can stroll along the waterfront promenade and enjoy a great view! Also accessible by car or boat, the gardens now extend to the new Riverwalk Park, and are just steps away from shops, pubs, restaurants, and Fort Wellington National Historic Site.
This garden is featured in the 1000 Islands and Rideau Canal Garden Trail amongst a mix of private and public local gardens.
Public washrooms available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Sandra S. Lawn Harbour & Marina.